[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] Releasing of Candidate Names Update

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 14:01:43 UTC 2014

So far the Poll <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Polls> shows a fairly even
split between the yes, no and maybe responses as to whether people would
vote for someone who was not prepared to announce their candidacy in
advance.
This would appear to indicate that publicly announcing your intention to
stand for the OWASP board would be advantageous.
Obviously you shouldnt make decisions just based on polls like this.

However I'm going to make my own position very clear.

I will not be standing for the board this year.
And I will NOT be voting for any of the candidates who do not announce
their candidacy prior to August 19.
If that means I am not able to vote for any of the candidates then so be it.

Cheers,

Simon

--
OWASP ZAP <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/ZAP> Project leader