[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] PLEASE READ IS NO SPAM!!!!- Vote for Flagship - OWASP Document Projects

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Wed Jul 16 13:41:32 UTC 2014

until the requirements have been defined for Flagship documentation
projects.

Tom, I want to clarify that there is a criteria, created last year
*http://owasp.blogspot.com/2013/11/owasp-project-review-criteria-and-2013.html
<http://owasp.blogspot.com/2013/11/owasp-project-review-criteria-and-2013.html>*

*https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllOCxlYdf1AdGxrR29jZGRhRnVhX0FYbkxQa2ZmdlE&usp=sharing#gid=0
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AllOCxlYdf1AdGxrR29jZGRhRnVhX0FYbkxQa2ZmdlE&usp=sharing#gid=0>*

The problem is no one is taking care or being in charge to do document
reviews . Yes, the Technical project advisors produced a set of criteria,
but it requires technical reviewers, and thats the issue, there is no one
doing it or taking care of this.

In multiple emails and even in the wiki page I mentioned the difficulties,
challenges and resources necessary regarding this, but there has been no
feedback or decision from anyone.

*https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Proposal_Project_Review_QA_Approach#Approach_for_Reviewing_Document_projects
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Proposal_Project_Review_QA_Approach#Approach_for_Reviewing_Document_projects>*

As I mentioned long ago, I'm not doing reviews of documents  because they
require a body of people with enough knowledge in the subjects, time and
even this might include a technical editor imho.

So in the meanwhile no one is taking the responsibility to do reviews of
Documents, how are we ever going to make sure they can be defined as
flagship?

I see that list for 'flagship' documents will never get filled as long as
no one is working on it.

If people don't want surveys then what will be there instead? All I hear is
some  members against using survey and preferring to vote blank and *but no
feedback regarding how to solve the issue.*

I just wanted to help gather information regarding the perception of
quality on documents projects from the community and eventually use this as
a temporary solution until one is defined. Anyways, the community vote is
also essential in this process.

I'm not taking more initiatives/efforts regarding any surveys with document
projects.

 As I said, thats not in my scope.

regards

Johanna