[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-community] Vote for flagship-Owasp Document projects results

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Tue Jul 15 20:35:11 UTC 2014

What is the OWASP Connector send total 43k?

If a Global OWASP Survey of our most important asset Projects yields 60

OWASP Claims 43,000 participants.  We know we have only 2,195 actual OWASP
members with the ability to vote on a election as example listed here: (tab
2) see who's on the active list.
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag5ZloRZ0SmjdEhnSDBEVVd0cVctb3d6c1RFUkJOeXc&hl=en#gid=1

The individual count for each mailing list like owasp-leaders is unclear to
me wish there was a column for total subscribed on the sign-up page..
better job with transparency for counting
https://groups.google.com/a/owasp.org/forum/#!forumsearch/

Then we move over to the social media 18,724 people on LinkedIn and a few
hundred on Facebook drop in another 5100 for meet-up and 300 folks using
NING http://myowasp.ning.com/members.  Don't forget the unknown readers of
the blog http://owasp.blogspot.com/ but via google analytics we suspect a
few thousand.

Hence why I am not a big fan of surveys at OWASP.   Unless they are of the
members (2,195 of them)  I might suggest using the election polling system
provided to OWASP Foundation from Simply Voting see:
https://owasp.simplyvoting.com/  so that you can quickly take polls if and
when needed and adds value to being a member of the foundation.

The project graduation checklist is still a active document and good to
measure against too its what we are using today actually to move the
project to the next stage after the last sprint.

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project#tab=Project_Assessments