[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Board Election - What do you want in a board candidate?

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Tue Jul 15 16:11:20 UTC 2014

I would think that there is not a yes or no answer to your question.  If
our leaders want nominees to be released before the nomination deadline,
then they should work with Kelly, provide that feedback, and get it
changed.  Neither the Board, nor any candidates, should be involved in
making this decision as it is part of an ongoing election process.  The
time for that level of feedback was back when it was requested during the
April Board meeting (
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1uQLJi0Hghlfe7AkMEWpm6yUmqIhtuSn-b4PHHH1eORE/edit).
If it's going to change at this point, it needs to be a community-supported
effort.  I'm 100% behind that happening, but this is not a Board effort.

~josh