[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Board Election - What do you want in a board candidate?

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Mon Jul 14 22:16:30 UTC 2014

To be clear, I would like to see radical openness here including with
candidate submission.  That said, I don't think that the Board meddling
with election process in the middle of an election is the right way to go
about this.  No matter how we approach it, it will appear as though we are
trying to influence the election somehow.

It looks like we have plenty of people who want to see this changed who are
unbiased (unlike the Board members on this thread).  I'd like to suggest
that any of the others on this thread, who are not planning on being a
candidate, work alongside Kelly to ensure a proper OWASP election process.
I defer all election process to the Operations Team (Kelly specifically)
and whatever volunteers are supporting her in this initiative.  Please work
with her.

In short, I don't think any of the Board members would argue against
revealing the list of candidates, but we should not be influencing the
election in any way other than to help solicit candidates.  Work with Kelly
and I'm sure she would be open to changing if that's what the community
wants.

~josh