[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Board Election - What do you want in a board candidate?

Yvan Boily yvanboily at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 21:12:46 UTC 2014

+1 - there is no reason not to have open nominations.

- knowing there are strong candidates to support might result in a weaker
candidate opting to support the stronger candidate rather than muddying the
field
- being opposed to a nominee may result in someone who is not interested in
running may be the push a candidate needs to enter the running.

I have no time or ability to try for a board position, nor the position in
the community to take that role on, but in other groups and organizations
my leadership efforts has largely been the result of frustration with
existing leaders and a desire to affect positive change.  Open nominations
can galvanize people (for better or worse).

Cheers,
Yvan