[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Mission

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Thu Jul 3 15:32:13 UTC 2014

Jerry,

Dissolving the Board would mean dissolving OWASP per US law.  We can change
the number of people by modifying our bylaws, but there always has to be at
least one person in charge of a non-profit corporation.

In terms of limiting the Board powers, I'm with you to an extent.  Again,
by nature of US law, power not explicitly granted to others is that of the
Board.  I am just finishing up a Committees 2.0 draft that will allow
members of our community to form committees and take pre-scoped pieces of
the Board responsibilities.  My plan was to send it out to the community
for comment yesterday, but I got some last minute feedback that I'm trying
to integrate.  I would love to get your thoughts on whether this adequately
accomplishes what you are looking for.  I don't think the Board can ever,
legally, go away, but I am all for delegating power to those with interest
as long as it can be done responsibly.

~josh