[Owasp-leaders] email SOPs when employees are leaving OWASP

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Wed Jul 2 20:42:12 UTC 2014

Hi Timur,

am not fully convinced, but if you like, we could discuss this in
detail, e.g. on the governance list?

Just fyi: am kind of sitting on the fence, because at the moment I
don't really see us having a problem here giving ex-employees a new
email address if needed and my hesitation with the different format for
staff is that it might give our staff the feeling that they would not be
separated from our community. And second that even though in theory
semantically beautiful, that it could make life unnecessarily complex
with multiple email accounts per person.

In theory I can see the concept behind your idea, and my German heart
may like it, but it does a bit feel like "over-engineering" for a
problem we don't have.

Possibly an approach would be to discuss a proposal on the governance
list, depending on how many people have an opinion about this and then
put it to a community vote.

Just my 2cents.

Tobias