[Owasp-leaders] How2play Community Engagement OWASP Edition

Bill Sempf bill.sempf at owasp.org
Tue Jul 1 16:29:27 UTC 2014

Hey, Norman.

In Columbus OWASP we have had history getting InfoSec folk into meetings,
but not as much getting developers. My tactics have been to send members of
OWASP to their other meetups and have then talk about the group there.
Python folks go to Python meetups and talk security, then tell people about
the OWASP meetup. .NET people go to .NET meetups and talk security, then
tell people about the OWASP meetup. This has been working fairly well.

Also, we have started developer-centered events like code jams: bring your
laptop and let's hack on ZAP or try a Google Bug Bash or something. That's
slow starting but catching some wind finally.

Good luck!