[Owasp-leaders] Protocol for Partnerships & Co-Marketing

Jonathan Marcil jonathan.marcil at owasp.org
Wed Jan 22 21:52:26 UTC 2014

Hi Kelly, Simon, leaders, chapter leaders,

joint event are held all the time in Montreal. It is sometime done just
by sending an email and getting the event promoted through various
channels. Having to report on that is impractical since there's too many
and it changes all the time.

As a chapter leader, I have a rule to not sign anything for OWASP, since
I know that it's just the global organization that can do so. So all the
connections that I make in Montreal are informal even if they are
official in appearance since we are indeed teaming up with other
organizations.

However I get it for the conferences and other regional event, since we
are indeed putting OWASP booths all around the place and OWASP Global
wish to have a picture of that. Last time I did it I thought that using
OCMS (that is now down) was fulfilling the need to report to OWASP
Global, but it was required only if we wanted swag.

I'll fill the form for my events in Montreal that are not considered
"chapter meetings".

BTW I CCed Owasp-chapters at lists.owasp.org since this is a chapter matters.

Thanks,

- Jonathan