[Owasp-leaders] Protocol for Partnerships & Co-Marketing

Kelly Santalucia kelly.santalucia at owasp.org
Tue Jan 21 18:37:27 UTC 2014

Yvan,

These are great questions.  The purpose for this request can be summarized
in a few points.  We want to:

   - report on metrics and promote the event
   - protect the community and the foundation from potential disputes
   - develop relationships on a global scale
   - ensure that the terms of the agreement align with OWASP mission and
   core values.

Currently, leaders are not authorized to enter into any contractual or
financial agreements on behalf of the foundation.

It is good practice to get speaker agreements signed for all of your
chapter speakers.

Collaboration and engagement are often NOT contractual agreements, but when
promises are being made that will affect the Foundation Globally, there is
a risk of different interpretations.

The goal is NOT to create an additional burden, but rather to protect
everyone involved and to be able to communicate local activities globally.

--
*Kelly Santalucia*

*Membership and Business Liaison*

*OWASP Foundation*