[Owasp-leaders] ISO/IEC 27034

Jonathan Marcil jonathan.marcil at owasp.org
Fri Jan 17 00:26:58 UTC 2014

Hi OWASP Leaders, SAMM people and governance enthusiasts,

I'm here to let you know that I'll be participating in another ISO/IEC
27034 Ad-hoc Meeting next week in Montreal.

I'll be on site and I noticed that at least Sebastien Gioria and
Sebastien Deleersnyder have been invited to assist remotely as well.

I revised our pasts emails exchange on the subject and noticed that the
discussion leaned towards the importance of collaboration, even
representation as "liaison" between OWASP and ISO/IEC working groups.

Let me assure you, that the meeting I'll be attending is still pretty
much like that last one, and that my position will be informative about
OWASP rather than representative.

My personal implication and role is officially only trough the following
OWASP project that I co-lead with Luc Poulin, the 27034 main editor:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_ISO_IEC_27034_Application_Security_Controls_Project

If OWASP decides to have an official ISO/IEC liaison representative,
I'll be more than glad to make the link between the liaison and the
ISO/IEC 27034 people during the meeting. I'll be live on site and can
manage to remotely setup any communications meaning, from plain text
chat to full video conference. Just hit me up by email.

To reinforce the motion, I've also been asked to find a liaison or a way
to cooperate between OWASP and ISO/IEC JTC 1 SC 22/WG 23 that makes TR
24772 "Information technology -- Programming languages -- Guidance to
avoiding vulnerabilities in programming languages through language
selection and use".

My strategy on the cooperation part is to simply try to find and reach
projects that fit with what TR 24772 authors want and to initiate
communication.

For the liaison, OWASP just needs to go ahead with the idea and I'll
simply redirect people to them. We can also organize an online meeting
Wednesday next week to discuss about it with the TR 24772 contact.

Finally, consider me available for any online meeting or call during
those dates and times for the corresponding standard:
ISO/IEC 27034: January 21st and 22nd, 9AM to 12PM, 1:30PM to 4:30PM
Eastern Standard Time
ISO/IEC TR 24772: January 23rd, 10AM to 6PM Eastern Standard Time

Thanks,

- Jonathan