[Owasp-leaders] RSA

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Thu Jan 9 19:41:10 UTC 2014

OWASP Leaders,

Among many reasons, one being that Eoin and I are co-authors, I am going to follow his lead and pull way from the RSA conference training.

This was a difficult decision and I am not happy at how this all went down. Again, I think we need to apply this same kind of judgement evenly.

Frankly, I was very positive on doing the RSA training up until we received their response asking us to cease-and-desist from talking to BSsides and asking Eoin for a retraction. I can't say that I blame them, but it made it clear to me that we we either need to do the co-marketing and training, or walk away from both.

Aloha,
Jim Manico
OWASP Board Member
@Manicode