[Owasp-leaders] RSA

Antonio Fontes antonio.fontes at owasp.org
Thu Jan 9 14:52:22 UTC 2014

Board,

I don't want to question Eoin's decision (I fully understand and support
it at the personal level) but I have a question regarding the motivation
that was mentioned ("I was voted to lead by you") that raised my attention.

The poll clearly indicates that 60% of the leaders voted in favor of the
training at RSAC as planned. A message from Michael yesterday indicated
a vote from the board in favor to the training.

Under these circumstances, I am not really sure I understand how the
vote works as I see the training apparently being cancelled (or is there
someone replacing Eoin?).

Which brings me to the actual questions:
1) Is the voting system setup by Simon an enacting tool for decisions or
is it only "polling the opinion"?
2) Who can decide whether or not a question should be put to vote?
Depending on the answer to the first question, it might be important to
have a debate on this question...

cheers,
Antonio

PS: in case there is doubt on how to handle all this voting thing, I
would strongly suggest referring to this page for suggestions :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_in_Switzerland

antonio.fontes at owasp.org
Board Leader - OWASP Geneva
Board Member - OWASP Switzerland