[Owasp-leaders] Regular OWASP polls

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 14:40:25 UTC 2014

And another problem...

I've been receiving _lots_ of requests to access the form from non OWASP
accounts.
I have replied to all of them with a canned response of:
I'm afraid this poll is currently only available to people with OWASP email
accounts to ensure that only OWASP members / contributors take part.

To get an OWASP email address follow the link on
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Owasp.org_email_address

Cheers,

Simon

However I've just received a reply of:
Dear Simon,

the main page of the owasp website states "all of our materials are
available under a free and open software license". Thus I again ask for
these materials.

Best regards,
a long-time owasp follower

PS: Thanks, I don't need these information, but I am just surprised that
being an all open and free project, you deny access to these informtion?
Isn't that ignoring the foundaries of the project?

For now I'm going to stick with the statement I put on
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Polls:
Note that only OWASP members can see the 'live' results. A summary of the
results will be made public when the poll closes, but the full details will
stay restricted to OWASP members to prevent email harvesting.

However I want to let anyone else have a say on this rather than it being
just my decision.

Simon

--
OWASP ZAP <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/ZAP> Project leader