[Owasp-leaders] Regular OWASP polls

Konstantinos Papapanagiotou konstantinos at owasp.org
Mon Jan 6 22:08:55 UTC 2014

This sound good Simon, ie having polls in order to get the pulse rather than decide.

For the record I strongly believe that threads like the previous one are extremely useful for OWASP and the community. My disagreement was on having what is practically a referendum for such issues. There are many issues that need to be taken in consideration if we go down that way (e.g. How many leaders will actually participate, how many votes do we need to have a binding decision, what if the outcome is close to 50-50, what constitutes a seriously enough issue to ask for the leaders' opinion, etc.). If we work on such issues, maybe direct democracy turns out to be a good idea, but meanwhile what Simon says sounds more realistic, even though in practice the above issues remain.
I also support Dinis idea for open, public votes for such issues.

Kostas