[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] OWASP Board decision that I don't agree with

Dinis Cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Sun Jan 5 19:01:37 UTC 2014

I'm with Simon on this one (specially the first two points below)

Its great that finally there is a thread about these issues in this list
(and owasp) since usually it gets shut down very quickly due to the 'no
politics at owasp' concept (which is BS)

And if we stop the RSA presence , we will eventually find that we will need
to stop participating in all/most conferences, including ironically, in
conferences organised by OWASP :)

Now, should we have open debates about the NSA/Snowden issue (and every
thing that will still come out). YES absolutely.

Should a part of the OWASP community go on the record and say that they are
against what is going on? YES absolutely
In fact , what would be great would be an bSides type conference in
parallel with RSA (organised by owasp) that would be made of
panels/presentations on this topic :)