[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-board] OWASP Board decision that I don't agree with

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Sun Jan 5 12:08:06 UTC 2014

Hi Simon,

just to clarify on one of your assumptions in your email, as I learned
this info on the board mailing-list last night, correcting my initial
(wrong) assumption that everyone would be attending RSA just as
"individual volunteers":

- RSA approached OWASP if we (owasp) would deliver free
training/awareness session.
- All contractual agreements were signed by OWASP and not by us as
individuals. -> OWASP training.
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2014-January/012845.html
- "we are delivering the training as OWASP."
"OWASP was approached by RSA."
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2014-January/012823.html
- "this is a RSA association slot. The whole point is to officially
represent OWASP at RSA...."
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2014-January/012848.html
- this is as "formal reps of OWASP for this event."
http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2014-January/012859.html

Not sure whether that would be relevant for any of your comments?

All the best, Tobias

Ps.: regarding your remark about whether "OWASP is financially
sponsoring an event": as board member, I have initiated a request for
info with Sarah to clarify the extend of OWASPs financial arrangements
for RSA.