[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Board decision that I don't agree with

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sat Jan 4 23:24:36 UTC 2014

Should we abort Sweden because they failed to honor their legal European Union data retention obligations?

https://www.huntonprivacyblog.com/2013/06/articles/sweden-fined-for-delaying-implementation-of-the-data-retention-directive/

Or how about Sweden's secret service trying to circumvent the legal process put in place back in 52? [1]
[1] Swedish Secret Service (2009), Remissvar: "Utvärdering av buggning och preventiva tvångsmedel (SOU 2009:70) (Remittance "Evaluation of bugging and preventive surveillance"), Dnr. AD 009-10106-09.

I'm not trying to attack Sweden, I'm just trying to make a point that no one is innocent when it comes to this topic. If we really wanted to start aborting companies, countries and agencies who have done wrong, this list would be HUGE. I personally want to keep OWASP 'open' and keep spreading the word to all. I believe that the spread of good knowledge will 'set us free'.

Aloha,
Jim