[Owasp-leaders] 2014 Operational Goals for OWASP Projects
samantha.groves at owasp.org
Sat Jan 4 00:06:48 UTC 2014
I wanted to take a bit of time to share the operational goals I have for
OWASP Projects in 2014. These particular goals have been put together based
on Leader requests, and the need to continue work on other operational
tasks from the previous year. They will be the goals and milestones I will
focus on completing for the remainder of the year.
I am posting these here to give all of our OWASP Project Leaders an
opportunity to review and comment. I would like to know if you think these
are the right items we should be focusing on at the foundation level. Is
this what you want to see from OWASP Projects in 2014? If so, great! If
not, what would you like me to focus on? Now is your chance to let me know.
It is up to you, and what your needs are. Please either post a comment
here, or e-mail me directly at Samantha.Groves at owasp.org.
Thank you, Leaders.
*Primary Goal: *Continue to evolve the OWASP Projects Infrastructure by
developing operational systems that facilitate Leader participation and
*Subgoal 1: *Continue to work on the operational projects platform with the
aim of developing it to be more self sufficient for Leaders.
- Recruit a Projects Support Intern.
- Bring all of the project repositories into Ohloh.
- Continue to develop the Project Portal for Leaders.
- Monitor and update the Project Page with relevant information on a weekly
- Continue to produce weekly and quarterly information reports.
- Organize a monthly webinar about an OWASP Project.
- Produce more substantial software security/projects articles for our
- Migrate all of the Project wiki pages to the new template
- Facilitate project page compliance with new Sponsorship Guidelines.
- Facilitate project product compliance with new Sponsorship Guidelines
- Develop marketing and communications pieces that promote: Benefits of
Having an OWASP Project; How to start a project; Project Lifecycle; and
- Have one Project Leader meeting a month.
- Facilitate OWASP contributions to the Apple Developer Program.
*Subgoal 2: *Bring more Project Leaders together in 2014.
- Work towards getting at least 2 projects represented at every Global
AppSec Conference in 2014.
- Plan a Project Summit Event in 2014
- Work on developing Project Leader Workshop module that can be given when
I am not present.
*Subgoal 3: *Solidify the Projects Review Process.
- Develop a pragmatic method of doing project reviews.
- Test the review process developed at the 2013 Summit
- Finish reviewing the projects that have specifically asked for review.
- Review the Flagship Projects.
- Review the Lab Projects.
- Review the Incubator Projects.
- Report on the findings and outcomes.
- Document the system so it can be reproduced. (This will probably be a
long document/set of instructions and lessons learned).
*Subgoal 4: *Design a more sustainable revenue stream using the Project’s
- In depth market research to determine niche opportunities.
- Come up with at least 4 different potential opportunities based on
- Develop an implementation plan.
*Samantha Groves, MBA*
*OWASP Projects Manager*
The OWASP Foundation
Email: samantha.groves at owasp.org
OWASP Global Projects<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Project>
Book a Meeting with Me <http://goo.gl/mZXdZ>
OWASP Contact US Form <http://owasp4.owasp.org/contactus.html>
New Project Application Form <http://www.tfaforms.com/263506>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OWASP-Leaders