[Owasp-leaders] Wiki Currators

Achim achim at owasp.org
Thu Feb 20 09:01:17 UTC 2014

Am 20.02.2014 09:39, schrieb Colin Watson:
> Would this group also consider looking at providing some tips on
> naming conventions for pages?  I think projects used to be
>
>   Category:Projectname
>   e.g. https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Enterprise_Security_API
>

> But some project home pages don't use the Category prefix
>
>    Projectname
>    e.g. https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Mobile_Security_Project
>

> I am not sure of the the advantages/disadvantages. Also, some less
> important non-project home pages use shorter names containing the
> project name too:
>
>    index.php/projectname
>    e.g. https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Mobile_Project

and just for completeness, we also have

	https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Projects/.....

> Be careful about deleting anything, ever. Lots of sites link into
> OWASP. Please set up redirects when something is moved, or superseded.

such redirects are managed automatically if a page is "renamed" using the provided "Move" button on top of page, see:

	http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Moving_a_page

unfortunatelly, somone configured OWASP's wiki to *not show* this buttuon.

And Finally I'd suggest that work at OWASP's wiki starts here

	https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Help:Editing

The Help-page needs some Help ;-)

Ciao
Achim