[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Training Model - Community Vote

Fabio Cerullo fcerullo at owasp.org
Wed Feb 19 18:08:02 UTC 2014

Eoin,

We are not trying to make significant changes here... only remove the
burden of debit/credit transactions from trainer to OWASP.

By placing a checkbox in the contract, any trainer who is willing to donate
the earnings to OWASP could do so by just opting-in. Then the transaction
becomes transparent and there is no debit/credit involved - 100% funds go
directly to the OWASP Foundation or project of choice. I'm sure Alison will
appreciate knowing this beforehand.

A different topic altogether is the request from OWASP trainers to deliver
training absolutely free. I'm aware at least Jim and Simon are willing to
deliver trainings at no cost during major OWASP conferences and they found
some friction.

The survey is just a pulse from the OWASP community, no guarantees anything
will change but when there is a will things usually happen.

Regards
Fabio

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Eoin Keary
<eoin.keary at owasp.org<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','eoin.keary at owasp.org');>