[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Training Model - Community Vote

Eoin Keary eoin.keary at owasp.org
Wed Feb 19 15:22:30 UTC 2014

Currently there is nothing stopping trainers delivering classes for free. Jim and myself have been doing this since 2012. We are doing it next week in San Francisco. We have both partially self funded the trip.

If a trainer wants to charge and donate 100% of the fees to owasp there is nothing to stop this also.
The 60/40 is a default setting. It encourages high quality training and trainers but also generate revenue for the foundation.

So what happens after the result of this vote? Do anything really change given all scenarios are optional.

Eoin Keary
Owasp Global Board
+353 87 977 2988