[Owasp-leaders] Training & Donation

Bev Corwin bev.corwin at owasp.org
Tue Feb 18 01:01:33 UTC 2014

I agree with Jim that OWASP should consider a trade association 501(c)6 for
some additional support of the growing, emerging industry.

In the past, I have donated the instructor stipends back to the non profit
organization after taking out appropriate taxes, etc.

Sponsors, foundations, and individual donors may be willing to support
funding "free" training at events through their sponsorships. Scholarship
programs are generally very popular with donors. Also, there are often
grants available to fund educational programs, OWASP may want to look into
grants for funding more educational activities, nice for the 501(c)3.

I also support the ideas that came up during AppSecUSA for OWASP to be
somewhat of a "consortium" for Application Security Programs at
universities globally, and to build more relationships with universities,
community colleges, institutes, trade organizations, and schools in
general.