[Owasp-leaders] AppSec APAC 2014 - Conference and Training schedule

Riotaro OKADA riotaro.okada at owasp.org
Thu Feb 6 04:58:55 UTC 2014

Hello Colin,

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 3:45 AM, Colin Watson <colin.watson at owasp.org> wrote:
> Rio
>
> Regarding:
>
>> I am grateful for your help and work together for the first AppSec Apac in Tokyo
>> and awaken Japanese society and engineers especially for the software security!
>
> Interestingly, the oldest citation about OWASP I could find in any
> country is from Japan, in a 2002 document produced by IPA/ISEC. Search
> for "Japan" on this page:
>
>    National & International Legislation, Standards, Guidelines,
> Committees and Industry Codes of Practice
>    https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Industry:Citations

Thank you for letting me know this page, and we have already know some
governmental
organization like IPA referred  and cited some documents from OWASP.

Some members of OWASP Japan board including me have translated
ASVS, OpenSAMM, OWASP Guide, OWASP Top 10, and something like these,
before we started OWASP Japan chapter.

> If there are more recent ones, please let me know, or add them to the page.

Yes, we know some, but I think most of the official documents made by IPA
 have been educational, because their purpose is education for IT
industry, mainly.
According to the Citations list page, it reads, it should not include
educational materials.

This page captures important references to OWASP in official, or
otherwise important, documents. It does not include presentational or
educational materials, ......

How do we recognize the public document which should be listed on the
Citation list?

> Best wishes for the conference.

Thank you!

Rio