[Owasp-leaders] Owasp Project Proposal

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Thu Dec 4 16:23:55 UTC 2014

Hi John Patrick,

I highly recommend formation of a student chapter with a liaison to the Manila chapter as an officer role. It is a great way to ensure longevity of student participation at the university especially if they have a faculty advisor who can assist with recruiting and venue management. One of the hardest things as many of us have noted is to find space to hold meetings. Faculty advisors have access to classroom and auditorium space reservations. Some schools also have access to club funding in addition to OWASP dues, making a faculty sponsorship important.

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation