[Owasp-leaders] ZAPping the OWASP Top 10

Achim achim at owasp.org
Thu Aug 28 12:43:26 UTC 2014

Leaders,

additional to Simons suggestion:

	there is often the question if this or that tool can find/protect
	all OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities

As Simon said, we all know that it is not possible to find *all* types of
vulnerabilities listed in the Top 10 (i.e. A7 from Top 10 2010).
The same applies to protect against such vulnerabilities (i.e. with a WAF).

Does it make sense to *clearly write* on the Top 10 page, that some vulnerabilities
cannot easily be detected/protected automatically by third party devices/software.

There're so many marketing papers out in the wild, where products claim to find/
protect all. BS.

Ciao
Achim