[Owasp-leaders] jowasp.org

Adil Aliyev adil.aliyev at owasp.org
Wed Aug 27 22:09:02 UTC 2014

Dear all,

Anyway the idea is great because of the following reasons:

1. Java is popular and more relevant today. Even PIC, Atmel folks who need
more high-level features starting to use raspberry and ideal platform for
it is Java+Linux. I dont know how about .NET, last time I used it 7 years
ago.

2. A lot of people turns to Java web from PHP recent years as Java has more
powerful and easy to use frameworks for web, mvc, db abstraction, mapping
etc. that makes web development easier and scalable. Such people need to be
careful and they need to be educated. PHP is not Java, PHP "compilers" are
not bytecode, forking is not direct multithreading and apache httpd, nginx
etc are not application servers. They all have too many differences. In my
experience I've seen a lot of people who confuses these basics.

3. People who used Java and C++ only for desktop apps mostly writing
unsecure code when writing for web. Once I have seen in very big company
one wrote a program where authentication process is just for hiding login
screen visually and assigning username to a global variable. Very sensitive
information could be sent, received or sniffed via tcp. Another case was
also in big company where programmer used session and serverside processing
just for selecting DIV-based listbox item. I see that on internet also
often. They all need serious experience. Web is not closed environment
without malicious users.

4. Java is not like PHP, JavaScript, Ruby etc as mentioned in previous
mails. I mean from market point view. They all are not such relevant for
enterprise systems for today.

P.S. My friends, please judge and tell your opinions on idea. The naming is
very little thing to discuss. There is almost no difference between jowasp
or java.owasp.

Best Regards,
Adil