[Owasp-leaders] jowasp.org

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Aug 27 18:56:40 UTC 2014

Timur,

I would use all of the OWASP brand usage rules and style guidelines and
make the work transparent to the community. At some point early in the
process, I plan to transfer ownership of the domain to OWASP.

> a) owasp.org has non-attractive design. But there is web redesign project
under way, so why duplicate design efforts?!

I have a different vision. I want to only highlight Java developer
projects, not do a full redesign of the main website.

And if it's successful I say keep supporting and enhancing it as opposed to
kill it. ;)

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Aug 27, 2014, at 11:48 AM, "Timur 'x' Khrotko (owasp)" <timur at owasp.org>
wrote:

Hello, Jim,

(be careful with using owasp creative property, the design, for a body,
site not recognized by owasp due to its not fitting the existing notions,
as is it a project or a chapter? :))

What you are saying, is two things for me:

a) owasp.org has non-attractive design. But there is web redesign project
under way, so why duplicate design efforts?!

b) When a developer visits owasp.org she (:) sees mess, while she probably
came with one simple motivation in mind, to find Java related appsec
advise. And while we spend energies to tell dev folks deal with security we
make our own advice hardly accessible. Only if one does not insist that
this page makes Java security visible and accessible:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Java

So if jowasp gets successful I propose to kill it in the very moment it
proves your technology-centric approach right and asap create
technology-centric web-face and section on owasp.org with all the modern
technologies, js, java, dotnet, scala, argh php, etc. - according to the
structure you invent.

Regards:
timur

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Jerry Hoff <jerry at owasp.org> wrote:

> I like it - we need more experimentation like this - the owasp wiki style
> landing page needs some serious overhauling in my opinion - would love to
> see what a pro designer comes up with. If the jowasp design is a hit, maybe
> we can port it over to owasp.
>
> My vote would be to do it!
>
> Jerry
>

> --
> Jerry Hoff
> jerry at owasp.com
> @jerryhoff
>
> On Aug 27, 2014, at 21:26, Jim Manico <jim.manico at owasp.org> wrote:
>
> Duly noted, Jerry. I agree a dot.net "version" of OWASP would be a GOOD
> idea!
>
> For jowasp.org, I was planning on using a *very* professional designer to
> build the site using *OWASP brand rules and style* and POINT to OWASP.org
> projects. I intend to copy or fork *nothing* just be a "front page" to help
> developers get to good Java security developer resources easily. So yea, I
> would not copy the cheat sheets, just point to them, for example.
>
> Aloha,
> Jim
>

> On 8/27/14, 11:24 AM, Jerry Hoff wrote:
>
> I would say that OWASP is already largely the java view of application security! We need a dotnetwasp.org!! :)
>
> Joking aside I think it's a fun idea - almost like a filtered view of OWASP for java folk. Are you going to set up your own web page, or make some auto redirect to a particular page on the OWASP wiki?
>
> Jerry
>
> --
> Jerry Hoffjerry at owasp.com
> @jerryhoff
>

>  On Aug 27, 2014, at 21:11, Jim Manico <jim.manico at owasp.org> <jim.manico at owasp.org> wrote:
>
> Leaders,
>
> A while ago I registered jowasp.org with the intention of providing a
> view into OWASP specific to Java developers. I intended to do this is
> a non-commercial way, but I realize that Java is tied to a commercial
> entity fairly tightly.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Aloha,
> --
> Jim Manico
> @Manicode
> (808) 652-3805

Email us to enforce secure link with your mail servers (domain).
This message may contain confidential information - you should handle it
accordingly.
Ez a levél bizalmas információt tartalmazhat, és ekként kezelendő.