[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Board Canidates

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Sat Aug 23 16:38:49 UTC 2014

Bev,

Would you be interested in starting/leading an OWASP effort to help support
women in the security industry? OWASP has already done many things to this
effect, but I think a focused committee to advise OWASP on this issue would
be a great benefit to our community.

Aloha,
--
Jim Manico
@Manicode

On Aug 23, 2014, at 12:31 PM, Bev Corwin <bev.corwin at owasp.org> wrote:

Hi Tom,

Thank you Tom. This is great. However, the last time that I added my
question, it wasn't posted, or removed, or maybe I didn't do something
correctly, not sure. Should I add it again, or just remain silent? In any
case my question was/is "What can the board do in the future to encourage
more participation by women in the OWASP Community?".  So there you have
it. That's what I wonder about the board. I also wonder when OWASP will
have a woman on the board, as well. It's something that I care about, and
hope that there are more opportunities for women in Application Security
and OWASP in the future. Thank you and best wishes.

Respectfully submitted,
Bev