[Owasp-leaders] Proposing new guidelines to start code/tool projects

Jonathan Marcil jonathan.marcil at owasp.org
Fri Aug 22 02:14:29 UTC 2014

Oh I see, if you want to add another step in the new project adoption
life cycle.. well go ahead!

Also, if there's no time limit, you'll kill that special motivation of a
urge to deliver something. For some people it may actually help motivate
them to release. Others will release anyways. Pressure can be good. It
can be another period than one year.. maybe 6 months I don't know.

All that said, I hope you don't plan to move everything to whiteboard by
default.. As a project starter, I kind of accepted the rule of "one year
or the project is out of incubator" and would not like the rules to
change in the middle or having to adhere to another process I won't need
in 2 months. Good news about that is that if you apply the one year
timeout of the initial agreement, you'll be free of "dead" incubator
projects within one year anyways.

Thanks!

- Jonathan