[Owasp-leaders] Proposing new guidelines to start code/tool projects

Jonathan Marcil jonathan.marcil at owasp.org
Fri Aug 22 01:21:58 UTC 2014

I think incubator are compatible with being empty for a certain amount
of time.

After this it should be set to inactive or even deleted (to avoid people
just starting projects to have a wiki entry for life).

I'm running an incubator project that has 0 lines of whatsoever of code
but we are doing meetings to make it progress and try to assemble a team
and see the way we gonna produce our first deliverable.

However I strongly agree that if we didn't make nothing out for one
year, we should be kicked off. We should have a sense of pressure and I
should go see my co-leader next month to say: Hey if we don't push
anything in November (our one year milestone) we are getting kicked of
OWASP.

I think the way you are doing it with Kait (poking project and sees
who's answering) is a good way of really purging the incubator that are
going nowhere and just pollute our project pool.

Last but not least, thank you a lot for your efforts Johanna, you are
keeping the main backbone of OWASP healthy and not anyone has the
courage and toughness to do so.

Thanks,

- Jonathan