[Owasp-leaders] Last week to update project for OWASP Top Trumps

Mark Miller mark.miller at owasp.org
Mon Aug 18 20:01:41 UTC 2014

Abraham,

Thanks for your interest and support.  The data will be coming from the
OpenHub analysis <https://www.openhub.net/p?ref=homepage&q=owasp>.  See
Simon's response on how to update your project.

Thanks -- Mark

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 4:00 PM, psiinon <psiinon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just checked and you can skip step 3 :)
> I've updated appsensor to also include
> https://github.com/jtmelton/appsensor.git (based on the AppSensor OWASP
> page) - I didnt need any special perms to do that.
>

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM, psiinon <psiinon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Colin,
>>
>> Theres a simple solution to the AppSensor problem:
>>
>>    1. Sign up to https://www.openhub.net/
>>    2. Go to https://www.openhub.net/p/appsensor
>>    3. Click on "Become the first manager for appsensor
>>    <https://www.openhub.net/p/appsensor/manages/new>"
>>    4. Correct the details :D
>>
>> I think its the relevant project leaders responsibility to check the
>> details for thie own projects, as they are the people who should know best.
>>
>> I'm one of the individuals who registered projects on OpenHub, and I
>> didnt knowingly exclude any projects. The problem is knowing where to find
>> all of the relevant data.
>>
>> Which "very active OWASP projects" *which use source control *are
>> missing?
>>
>> Send me the openhub links or the source control details and I'll happily
>> add them.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Simon
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 8:10 PM, Colin Watson <colin.watson at owasp.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Mark
>>>
>>> Very exciting. Can't wait to play!
>>>
>>> Regarding OpenHub, I wondered how the accuracy of the information there
>>> will be checked? For example I know the page for AppSensor at
>>> https://www.openhub.net/p/appsensor references v1 code from 2010-2011,
>>> not the v2 code in progress. This has been reported previously to the
>>> people who set this up. This would imply that other projects' details are
>>> inaccurate too?
>>>
>>> Also AppSensor isn't a code-only project. It benefits from lots of other
>>> non-code materials. Is this a code-only Top Trumps deck?  So I see SAMM is
>>> listed at https://www.openhub.net/p/opensamm with "no recognizable
>>> code" written across it. I am worried that will mean we will be showing
>>> SAMM as a weak card/project - that isn't true.
>>>
>>> And some very active OWASP projects and some highly referenced OWASP
>>> projects are not found in the 88 listed on OpenHun either. Do you know how
>>> OWASP chose which projects to exclude from its portfolio?
>>>
>>> The former Global Projects Committee was able to query all projects
>>> across the wiki, and report on release status.
>>>
>>> Colin

>> --
>> OWASP ZAP <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/ZAP> Project leader
>>

> --
> OWASP ZAP <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/ZAP> Project leader

--
*Mark Miller, Senior Storyteller*
*Curator and Founder, Trusted Software Alliance*

*Host and Executive Producer, OWASP 24/7 Podcast ChannelCommunity Advocate,
Sonatype*

*Developers and Application Security: Who is Responsible?*
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Developers_and_AppSec>