[Owasp-leaders] Last week to update project for OWASP Top Trumps

Colin Watson colin.watson at owasp.org
Mon Aug 18 19:10:52 UTC 2014

Mark

Very exciting. Can't wait to play!

Regarding OpenHub, I wondered how the accuracy of the information there
will be checked? For example I know the page for AppSensor at
https://www.openhub.net/p/appsensor references v1 code from 2010-2011, not
the v2 code in progress. This has been reported previously to the people
who set this up. This would imply that other projects' details are
inaccurate too?

Also AppSensor isn't a code-only project. It benefits from lots of other
non-code materials. Is this a code-only Top Trumps deck?  So I see SAMM is
listed at https://www.openhub.net/p/opensamm with "no recognizable code"
written across it. I am worried that will mean we will be showing SAMM as a
weak card/project - that isn't true.

And some very active OWASP projects and some highly referenced OWASP
projects are not found in the 88 listed on OpenHun either. Do you know how
OWASP chose which projects to exclude from its portfolio?

The former Global Projects Committee was able to query all projects across
the wiki, and report on release status.

Colin