[Owasp-leaders] CPE credits for OWASP training and meetings

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 03:29:08 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 10:00 PM, Andrew Muller <andrew.muller at owasp.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>   I'm currently running some free ZAP training with Simon telepresenting the
> content. Someone asked about CPE credits and I answered with an emphatic I
> don't know.
>
> I've read https://www.owasp.org/images/c/c1/Cpe_guidelines.pdf but I'm
> wondering if folks have sought to have their training and meetings
> recognised by ISC^2. I spoke to a director of ISC^2 and he seemed
> supportive.
>
> Offering CPE credits would be yet another draw card for those running ailing
> chapters. However I'm keen to understand the recognition process and gotchas
> from someone who has done it already.
>
> Thoughts?
Andrew,

Can you elaborate? I've used OWASP activities for CPEs
for ISC^2 for years, including my development contributions
to ESAPI. Are you talking about some formal program that
we designate being worth so many CPE credits ahead of time
and then have a formal sign-off for ISC^2, SANS, etc.?
As far as how many CPE credits you get for a specific
activity, I think that varies by which organization you are
submitting them to.

-kevin
--
NSA: All your crypto bit are belong to us.