[Owasp-leaders] Chapter Event Idea - Social Hour(s)

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Mon Sep 30 16:33:45 UTC 2013

It's a great idea and it's good to get it out on the leaders list (not sure
if I've seen it posted here before), but indeed, happy hours have been done
by many chapters in the past.  OWASP Austin has been doing vendor sponsored
happy hours, dubbed "Austin Security Professionals Happy Hour", on a
monthly basis since early 2009.

On a semi-related note, we have also been doing weekly study groups on
topics including the CISSP, CEH, OWASP WebGoat, OWASP Penetration Testers
Guide, Web Application Defenders Handbook, and many more for several years
now.  We do it once a week, over lunch, and they attract a steady group of
10 or so people each time.  We've even decided to encourage more people to
participate by buying the book for people attending the next study group if
they were at the majority of the meetings for the previous one.  If any of
the leaders wants more details on how we run this program, let me know.

~josh