[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Project Sponsorship - What Model does OWASP want?

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Wed Oct 9 21:08:27 UTC 2013

I noticed we haven't had many emails on this topic. Are people happy with
the three options? I'd like to make sure we have the positives and
negatives fully captured.

If we're good then the following will be added to the election ballot.

Proposed Text:

OWASP is defining our project sponsorship and branding model. Which of the
following model do you want for OWASP? The voice of the community will
decide this issue.

Full information and and details for each option is listed here:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Governance/ProjectSponsorship
The additional information covers many more elements of each option and
you're strongly encouraged to review.

Option 1: *Projects can be sponsored. Project leaders decide all items
including how all contributors are recognized, location of logos, criteria
for logos, etc.

*
Option 2: *Projects can be sponsored. Standard process across OWASP
projects for items such as **how all contributors are recognized, **location
of logos, criteria for logos, etc.

*
Option 3:* **Projects can not be sponsored. Organizations can support the
foundation and the foundation can support projects through programs (summer
of code, project reboot etc). OWASP foundation supporters have their logo
on a dedicated OWASP foundation page.
*

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc