[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Project Sponsorship - What can we spend money on?

psiinon psiinon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 09:01:26 UTC 2013

Andrew,

I agree - we should have this discussion - I've changed the title so we can
use this thread for it if anyone else wants to chip in.

I also agree that we should be able to pay people to work on OWASP projects.
However we should have checks and balances to ensure that a 'rogue' leader
doesnt contrive to appropriate donated money without contributing a
suitable amount of effort.
Hopefully thats extremely unlikely, but we should aim to be seen as whiter
than white.

Note that we have actually started down this route - see Abraham's OWTF
CFP: http://blog.7-a.org/2013/09/owasp-owtf-cfp-funds-contest.html

Abraham - have you had any responses to this?

Cheers,

Simon

--
OWASP ZAP <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/ZAP> Project leader