[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Wiki embedded videos broken

Matt Tesauro matt.tesauro at owasp.org
Tue Nov 26 15:58:52 UTC 2013

I suspect this is one of the 55+ undocumented extensions installed on the
current wiki.

I've been digging through them to see if they are actually used but
MediaWiki doesn't allow an easy way to do this short of turning on debug
logging which is verbose x 1,000 and would significantly impact the wiki's
performance.

I'll be taking some vacation time over the next couple days and will look
at the existing extensions to see if I can identify this one.  I think it
might be the EmbedVideo extension (
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo )

I _think_ we're running version 1.0 (at least that's what my notes on the
MediaWiki upgrade say) but I will need to look at the actual running code
to verify that. I did the big code update from 1.18.x (unsupported version)
to 1.19.x (oldest supported version) in August and cleaned up a ton of
vestigial, backup and unused code from the wiki including fun things like
modifications to pristine source.

I'm currently in the process of getting the wiki updated from 1.19.x to
1.21.x and should have that done over the next several weeks.

So give me a couple of days and I'll see what I can find out.

Jonathan:  I bet this extension has http hard coded or possibly its
configurable.  I'll look at that while finding the version number.

--
-- Matt Tesauro
OWASP WTE Project Lead