[Owasp-leaders] Should OWASP make a statement on the Security of the Internet and Pervasive Monitoring?

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Nov 13 22:11:17 UTC 2013

Martin,

I am extremely disappointed in your efforts to stifle Tobias' efforts
before he even got started.  Everyone at OWASP should be encouraged to come
up with innovative ideas and ways to drive our mission forward without fear
of being bullied into submission.  And by immediately telling Tobias that
the wiki is not the right place for this discussion you are actually
violating the "openness" part of OWASP's core mission.  In my opinion,
discussion of topics like this should be done in full visibility of the
world at large.  This is not a political statement, but rather, one that is
tandem to OWASP's core mission of making application security more
visible.  Subversion of this process by any party, government or otherwise,
should not be tolerated.  I agree fully with Tobias that guidance on this
subject is in line with our mission and is worth our time and efforts.  Did
you even read what he wrote before you dismissed it?

~josh