[Owasp-leaders] OWASP 2014 - Strategic Goals

Ludovic Petit ludovic.petit at owasp.org
Sat Nov 9 13:57:51 UTC 2013

+2, Josh is right.

#1 is important for Chapters, this need to be done now, not just discussed,
agreed... and forgotten without being formalized with facts, models,
strategy.

That said, #2 is in my opinion one of the main, if not THE challenge for
the Foundation.

Most of the time, members or new members, including Corporate and
Academics, remain part of friendly relashionships between dev/tech fellows
that know each other for a long time. In short, OWASP relies only on the
tech mindset/field.

Time has come now for the Foundation to demonstrate why OWASP is related to
the business, and NOT ONLY focused on a tech speech.

As I said many times to some of you I was fortunate to work with or meet
over time, #2 mentioned by Josh is THE real challenge of OWASP. Most
Corporate are still awaiting this from us, this is why OWASP - whatever you
guys my friends could think of it - still remains at the Tech level and do
NOT succeed yet to clearly explain #2 in the wild.

We are a great Community, recognized as such, but I'm from those who think
this is now time to 'market' all this huge value-added so that the Business
can understand why and how the Foundation might help and support business.

#2 is the question I have at every Chapter meeting... since 2003 when I
decided with great pleasure to volunteer with OWASP.

Chapters are the capilarity of the Community. It's up to us to decide if we
are just a community of tech/dev... for tech/dev. In my view, the real
challenge is elsewhere.

Thanks Josh!

My 2 cents anyway.
Yep.