[Owasp-leaders] Congratulation and best wishes to Sarah for her new appointment as our new ED

Marco Morana marco.m.morana at gmail.com
Thu May 30 19:31:46 UTC 2013

I agree Tobias, we should disambiguate support from Sarah for his role at OWASP as executive director and governance matters. I believe OWASP is a great organisation with great people. On the other hand, we also need to remind ourselves that is a volunteering based organisation.  So volunteers (including myself) dedicate time and resources for free to the cause of the organisation they expect the same from the board that they have elected. Governance and structure help to be more effective in using our free time, free intellectual abilities and resources (free conference rooms etc). I think OWASP need a governance model to determine who can make decisions and for what and the governance mailing list is probably best to discuss this. Please join the governance list if interested to discuss these matters.

cheers Marco

Sent from my iPad