[Owasp-leaders] Local Event Attendees - Code of Conduct

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Tue May 28 02:15:39 UTC 2013

(speaking for myself only)

I really think this covers most code of conduct issues: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Chapter_Handbook/Chapter_2:_Mandatory_Chapter_Rules and https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Codes_of_Conduct

The conflict I see is that OWASP is radically an OPEN organization, and it's really difficult to ban people from meetings without causing a stir. I think we want to err on the side of being tolerant.

Are there specific issues you are facing at your chapter that need to be addressed?  I'm happy to take this offline with you and help where I can or point you in the direction of the appropriate full time staff member. It's not really possible to codify basic respect, and since we are largely a organization of professional hackers, behavior in this specific sub-group tends to be a bit, ahem, out of the norm. :)

Anyhow, let me know how I can help.

Aloha,
Jim