[Owasp-leaders] Local Event Attendees - Code of Conduct

Adrian Hayes adrian.hayes at owasp.org
Tue May 28 01:18:11 UTC 2013

Thanks Jim, but let me explain a little further.

I'm after something that says, for example, "if you come to an OWASP
event, even if you're just a member of the public with no real OWASP
affiliation, you are expected to act professionally, etc or bad things
will happen". I haven't found a part of the handbook that outlines that
for the general public, or am I just missing it?

I am aware of the codes of conduct for various OWASP affiliates
(https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Codes_of_Conduct), however that
does not seem to cover those without any real affiliation with OWASP.

The other options is to not fix it until it's broken (which was my
initial feeling), however the real goal here is to make sure everyone
who attends our events feels comfortable doing so. For the person who
made the request, having a public document we can all look at would go a
long way to achieving that, even if the only real result is she feels
like we're listening and we actually care.

Adrian Hayes
OWASP New Zealand Chapter Leader (Wellington)