[Owasp-leaders] Support and Confidence in Executive Director

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Fri May 24 19:56:43 UTC 2013

On 24 May 2013, at 12:39, Tobias wrote:

> +1 to John.
> Cheers, Tobias
>
> Ps.: however, I would add the suggestion from Dinis' post: put the power
> to fire staff back into the hands of the board.

I strongly believe the power to hire and fire belongs to the entire OWASP executive team / aka OWASP Operations. They have to work with the people they choose to hire. The team building process is best left with those most effected by that change.

The board has exactly one role - to appoint a head of operations; and they have finally done this. When the board was involved in operations it has been disastrous for the staff. Enough is enough.

Sarah should remain ED. I also strongly object to her doing the conference work. She should no longer be doing any of the conference work. The ED job deserves her full and undivided focus.

Cheers,

Dennis
--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc