[Owasp-leaders] Support and Confidence in Executive Director

John Wilander john.wilander at owasp.org
Fri May 24 19:33:06 UTC 2013

Hi guys!

First I'd like to thank Dinis, Michael, and Jason for their overly kind words in a related thread with yours truly as topic. I love you guys! And OWASP.

Now, regarding Sarah's appointment as executive director …

I feel the way the position and subsequent appointment was announced was odd. What's worse is that it's now hurting Sarah's position to do good for OWASP. Our executive director needs our mandate and she deserves it in my opinion.

So I tried to think of a way for us to come together again. Here's my humble request.

Maybe … the board could agree/admit that having the position announcement and appointment only a few days apart was a mistake? If you guys think so that is. I just want less prestige around this issue and saying it was a mistake would settle the matter for me.

If on the other hand the board doesn't agree it was a mistake I think we should discuss the process and leave Sarah out of it.

   Regards, John

--
My music http://www.johnwilander.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/johnwilander