[Owasp-leaders] Support and Confidence in Executive Director

Matthew Parsons mparsons at parsonsisconsulting.com
Fri May 24 18:46:36 UTC 2013

I have a 100 percent confidence in the abilities of Sarah Baso.   I think
she is the right person for the job leading OWASP.  But, I have to agree
with Dinis that the people, processes and procedures of the board was and
is broken.   I and many others that I speak to, feel that the board acted
in secret without transparency.   Something that is not good for a global
application non profit security organization.  We can not change the past
but we can change the future.  I view OWASP as a democratic organization,
but with the recent actions of the OWASP top 10, the boards' decision for
an executive director, the heart and soul of the members of OWASP were not
included. I feel that few are in power and that it is almost like a good ol
boys club.   I just ask who made the decisions?  How was the decision
made?  When, what where questions is what the members are dying to know.
Are there any meeting minutes you can share with the members?  I feel that
if these decisions by the board are openly discussed with members there
would be less opposition to this decision and a larger democratic OWASP.

Thanks,
Matt Parsons

--
Matt Parsons, CISSP, MSM Vice President of Security Services
mparsons at parsonsisconsulting.com
http://www.parsonsisconsulting.com
http://www.parsonsisconsultingblog.com
http://www.twitter.com/parsonsmatt