[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Top 10 Methodology

Dave Wichers dave.wichers at owasp.org
Wed May 22 13:45:41 UTC 2013

Each company that provided vulnerability data to the Top 10 2013 has also
now self-published their data (except Aspect and we will do so soon), and
links to this self-published data is included in the Acknowledgements
section on the wiki:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Top_10_2013-Introduction

-Dave

jerry at owasp.org

On Mar 2, 2013, at 4:15 PM, Michael Coates <michael.coates at owasp.org> wrote:

Leaders,

The OWASP Top 10 Methodology wiki page (as described in the below email) is
now live - https://owasp.org/index.php/Top_10_2013/ProjectMethodology

As you'll see in the first line of the wiki - "The goal of this page is to
provide the baseline of knowledge to begin a thoughtful conversation of
enhancements and changes to continue growing the OWASP top 10."

Next Steps:

- Have ideas on how we can enhance the methodology? Please add it here
https://owasp.org/index.php/Top_10_2013/ProjectMethodology#Suggested_Enhance
ments

- We'll then begin making changes based on these ideas

Overall Goal:

Increase participation, enhance methodology, and continue to grow the
excellent OWASP top 10 resource

Thanks for everyone's hard work so far on the Top 10 and all the good ideas
that have been floating around. I'm confident we can all work together as a
community to make this next top 10 awesome.  I look forward to continuing
this conversation with everyone.

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc
michael-coates.blogspot.com <http://michael-coates.blogspot.com/>

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Michael Coates <michael.coates at owasp.org>
wrote:

Leaders & Top 10 Enthusiasts,

Dave and I had a great conversation today about the Top 10 and some of the
questions that have been posed by many in our owasp community.

We're going to build a wiki page that describes the overall project
methodology of the owasp top 10, what's currently happening, suggestions for
improvements, and an FAQ.

The project has continually grown over the various releases and has
successfully attracted more worldwide attention. As we've grown as an
organization we've seen many new ways to further open the top 10 and invite
greater participation.

This methodology wiki page will help clarify the activities to date and
provide a feedback channel to continue growing.

Please look for this page later this week. It would have been great for me
to include the completed page with this email, but it will take a day or two
and I wanted to send this info to the list now.

Thanks!

--
Michael Coates | OWASP | @_mwc
michael-coates.blogspot.com <http://michael-coates.blogspot.com/>