[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-topten] OWASP Top 10 Methodology

Neil Smithline neil.smithline at owasp.org
Mon Mar 18 01:48:53 UTC 2013

I understand why PCI doesn't care about DOS. PCI is designed to protect
credit card fraud. That involves confidentiality and integrity but not
availability. From the PCI viewpoint, availability is simply a business
requirement that some of their customers will bother with and others won't.

I do think that the list of organizations that endorse, utilize, or support
the T10 is important. The ultimate T10 is of little use if it has low
readership. IMO, that list of organizations is a big factor in it's success.