[Owasp-leaders] [Owasp-topten] OWASP Top 10 Methodology

Dennis Groves dennis.groves at owasp.org
Fri Mar 15 20:12:07 UTC 2013

On 15 Mar 2013, at 14:59, Dave Wichers wrote:

> It's fun that we have disagreement :-)
>
> That's why we are trying to back up the position with some publicly
> available facts.
>
> Note: I'm not for or against this, I'm waiting to see if we as a
> community
> can come up with a defendable position one way or the other.

I actually couldn't agree more Dave, that is why I believe in the "OWASP
Top 10 Community Edition".

I also don't have a position - I am just playing the devils advocate to
ensure a good debate happens. This is *FUN* and essential to a healthy
community. Think of it as intellectual darwinianism. What is actually
important is to have community debate the different positions and find
the data to support their positions. To often in security we read tea
leaves, it isn't that our gut instinct is wrong - it is that there is a
difference between what you know and having evidence for what you know.

Dennis

--
[Dennis Groves](http://about.me/dennis.groves), MSc
[Email me](mailto:dennis.groves at owasp.org) or [schedule a

*This email is licensed under a [CC BY-ND
3.0](http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/deed.en_GB) license.*

**Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents.**
Send [OpenDocument](http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/) instead!
Stand up for your freedom to install [free
software](http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/secure-boot/statement).